Search my Blog-site

Thursday 11 April 2013

5 Product Face Makeup Challenge

I love watching these videos (and reading about them on blogs) so I thought I would do it myself. The challenge/tag is to do your entire face makeup using just 5 products. I've watched many of these videos and I think that multi-use products are the way to go! This tag is great, especially if you wish to cut down on the amount of products you use in the morning or save space in your makeup bag. The best one that I watched so far was this one (click!), where just one blush was used as blush, eyeshadow and eyebrow colour! Anyways, I have a list of products below, why I used them and what I used them for.


Dr Jart Water Fuse BB Cream (I used this as my base and concealer) ~ I used this BB cream because it has a very light, moisturizing effect. Its also the only base I've found recently that doesn't cling to the dry patches of skin around my nose and mouth. I originally planned to used the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation but when I tried it just made my skin look even dryer than it already is, so I ditched that and went for this one. The coverage is very light, so if you were someone who needed a little more coverage I would recommend using something else. For this base I used the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and I dabbed the BB cream on any ares I needed a little more coverage with my finger tips.
Sleek Face Form Kit in Light (I used the contouring shade for contouring, the highlight shade to highlight my cheekbones and I also used it as a shimmery eyeshadow all over my eyelid) ~ I'm not sure if you're actually 'allowed' to use a palette as I don't know if it's considered cheating but I used it anyway;). I thought this would be a really great option as I could use it for many different things. However I didn't use the blush that comes in that kit because I was already using the cream blush from Stila. For the contour I used the Lauren Luke Flat Contour Brush, for the highlight on the cheekbones I used the Real Techniques Setting Brush and the highlight on the eyelid I used the Real Techniques Shading Brush.

I used this brow pencil mostly because it's a good match for my brow, but also because it has a built in spoolie at the end. I used the spoolie to comb out my brows and also remove any clumps from my lashes after applying mascara.
Stila Convertible Lip & Cheek Cream in Lillium (I used this as my blush shade and I also dabbed it lightly on my lips) ~ Again, I chose this because I could use it for different things. Plus I like the way that the blush matches the lip colour. I used my fingers to apply this.

Maybelline The Colossal Mascara in 100% Black (I used this on my top and bottom eyelashes) ~ I chose this mascara because it's great at making my eyelashes really long and separated which is the what I wanted for this look.


Thanks for reading!xo



No comments:

Post a Comment