Search my Blog-site

Sunday 14 April 2013

I Love Drugstore Makeup Tag

1) What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?
This one is really hard! I love Maybelline, L'Oreal and Revlon all so much, but I think I'd have to say Maybelline purely because if I could never buy any brand again apart from Maybelline, I wouldn't be too  upset. Maybelline do the best mascaras in my opinion and I also love their eyeliners, brow pencil and  eye shadows. Although, I'm not too keen on Maybelline's foundations..

2) What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?
For face, I would have to say Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation. The only thing I don't like about this is  it's quite drying, and can cling to dry patches of skin. But overall, I really like how light it feels and the coverage is also very nice.
For cheeks, I have chosen Natural Collection's Peach Melba Blush. I'm not really one to buy too many blushes and admittedly I have kind of neglected this blush since I bought my Stila Cream Blush, however I do love this one, it's so natural and gives a really pretty colour to the cheeks. It's completely matte which makes it really versatile. 
For lips, it would defiantly be the L'Oreal Caresse Lipstick in 101 Tempting Lilac. It's such a nice colour! It's a little more cool toned which makes it perfect for people who suit colours like grey and navy (like myself). However, the REALLY annoying thing about this lipstick is the colour range. This is the only colour I really like from the range which is such a disappointment since the formula is so nice.
Revlon Nearly Naked (120 Vanilla), Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks (Peach Melba), L'Oreal Caresse Lipstick (101 Tempting Lilac)

3) Least favorite product?
This is easy. I hate this foundation with a passion even though it's from my favourite brand, Maybelline you let me down. It's SO drying and the consistency can be quite gritty. I guess for oilier skin types this could be good as it's very matte. Too matte in my opinion. It has a very distinct look on the face, I can usually tell when someone is wearing this as it's just so matte. See how gritty that is? 



4) What is the best makeup bargain?
I came across this palette recently and I just love it, I don't have much more to say other than the colours are great they are pigmented and have a lovely soft consistency, and the price? You don't get much better value than £3 for 12 eyeshadows..

5) What is your favorite underdog product?
This was probably the first concealer I ever bought, and I loved it for a while. Then I seemed to just forget about it for long time. I was in Superdrug about 2 weeks ago and I thought "I really did love that concealer" so into my basket it went and ever since I've been totally attached. Although it's not too great for under eyes, this concealer is fantastic for covering blemishes. I usually use the Natural Collection Green Concealer first and then layer this on top (using the Real Techniques Detailer Brush) and the blemish is usually almost completely concealed. I don't think this gets nearly enough praise in the beauty blogging world, but I think it's defiantly an essential. Not to mention the price!


6) Drugstore and High End Dupes?
I don't really have any good dupes, however I've heard that Highbeam from Benefit and Beat the Blues from Mememe. I don't have the Mememe highlighter but I've seen swatches of Beat the Blues and Highbeam next to each other, and they look very similar! 

7) Product not worth the hype?
I have two products for this question. The first one has to be the EOS lip balm spheres. I really hate these lip balms, they smell so strong and don't seem to moisturize my lips at all! I had Lemon Drop but I lost it and to be honest I wasn't too bothered at all and I usually love the smell of lemons however this lip balm smelt so artificial and sickly. I still have Honeysuckle Honeydew and I have never liked the scent. I was extremely disappointed with these and really don't understand the hype!



The other product is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. Now, I don't hate this foundation I just don't love it and don't really get why it's so hyped up. Lots of people have said they don't notice it, but I can't help and see the shimmer. I find the shimmer to be very noticeable but as I said, I don't hate this foundation and wore it quite a lot last summer.  

How do you feel about drugstore makeup? Thanks for reading!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment